Saturday, May 14, 2011

And Now for Something Completely Different


Research Materials boxed for shipment back to the US


 After a great deal of intensive work on my book, I am happy to report a respite.  My Aunt Shirley and cousin Denise arrive in Galway this afternoon.  I am ready for some fun!!!!!

I will attend my last knitting class this morning.  I can hardly believe I have only been knitting for two months.  I so enjoy it and think about it all the time.  I remember clearly how excited I was at the end of my first class that I had knit an inch of stitches—the beginning of a headband.  Today we are going to learn how to put a thumb into a fingerless glove.  Oh boy! 

What I accomplished at my first class
That first project completed
I am surprised by how much I enjoy knitting because I tend to despise repetitive tasks.  This feels different to me, though.  There is something about watching a project grow beneath the needles…  The joy of creative expression, perhaps? 


Hat
Headband with cables and bobbles
Scarf made with yarn I purchased in Paris
Tomorrow Aunt Shirley, Denise and I will venture to the Cliffs of Moher.  On Monday we travel to Dublin.  We will take two rail tours from Dublin which will take us to places none of us have been:  Belfast, the Giant’s Causeway, Cork, the Ring of Kerry, Blarney Castle, etc.  I’m very excited!

When I return to Galway a week from tomorrow, I will have only one week left of my time in Ireland.  During that week I will finish “closing up” activities.   I also hope to edit the final three chapters of my book. 

I have a long road of reference and quote checking ahead of me this summer, but most of my work is complete.  I am very happy and ready to kick back and relax!

No comments:

Post a Comment